Here is your January Dallas Market preview of new products, decorating/design trends and fashion styles for the year 2012.
Being an interior designer and a self-proclaimed “fashionista” has its privileges and rewards. The greatest reward is being able to visit and shop at the Dallas Market and World Trade Center. It gives me the opportunity to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and styles and provide a sneak preview of what’s “Haute” in 2012.
Interior Design & Decorating Trends
As always, traditional, contemporary and Old World design styles remain the forerunners of interior design/decorating but emerging are some new design styles:
- Shabby Chic is making a huge comeback but with more of a streamline and smoother look…not quite so shabby and frilly.
- Vintage Revival is “Haute” in 2012 because of its usage of reclaimed accessories and furniture pieces from the past.
- Victorian Gothic has been around for centuries but now has more of a chic and dark edge to its design style.
Design Color Trends
Although Pantone revealed the Color of The Year 2012 as “Tangerine Tango 17-1463”, rich & deep hues and modern neutrals emerged as color choices in interior design/decorating.
|Rich & Deep Hues||Modern Neutrals|
|1. Emeralds||1. Ivory|
|2. Amethyst||2. Browns|
|3. Exotic coral shades||3. Elegant Silver|
|4. Vivid turquoise ||4. Light Grays|
|5. Ruby||5. Warm Whites|
|6. Golden Yellows|
I always consider the decorative accessories as the finishing “jewels” of decorating a space and in 2012 the accessories are being mixed together to provide more of an eclectic look.
1. Natural Stones
2. Shiny plastics and materials
3. Metals…gold, chrome, nickel, antique gold/silver
5. Wood (dark/light)
1. Go bigger for more impact
2. Blended Styles
3. Iron & Crystal Combination
4. Drum Shades & Pendants
5. Colored crystals
6. Organic shapes
7. Blown glass beads
In closing, 2012 interior design/decorating trends are all about celebrating your personality and creating the home of “Your” dreams. As always…”Have fun decorating…always incorporate some whimsy”…It’s Haute!!