Spring is one of my favorite seasons because it is the season of awakening, renewal, and rejuvenation. Homeowners are spring-cleaning, manicuring their lawns, planting spring flowers, and working on home decorating/improvement projects.
With the spring season just right around the corner, here are some designer tips on how to get your home ready for the spring:
1. Clean, De-clutter, Organize: As with any project, always start with a clean and organized space. Dust ceiling fans, furniture, blinds and window treatments. De-clutter and organize closets, pantries and garages. This is a great time to donate your unwanted items to your favorite local charity.
2. Re-Arrange Furniture: A new furniture arrangement can create a change of scenery in a space. Borrowing furniture pieces from other rooms can create a sense of newness and rejuvenation.
3. Pillows, Pillows, Pillows: Toss decorative pillows onto your sofa or bed in fresh spring colors and patterns for a spring update.
4. Rugs: Place rugs in lighter colors and patterns to soften and calm your space. Sisal rugs in earth tone colors can be incorporated into any design style. Exposing the natural beauty of wood floors can create a fresh spring look.
5. Curtain Call: Replace heavy window treatments with lightweight fabrics or with flowing window sheers in updated spring patterns and colors.
6. Art and Accessories: Hang pictures of botanical prints, spring scenery or artwork in fresh lively colors. Ornamental metal wall hangings can create an open feel to a wall space. Place a bowl of fresh fruit (i.e. apples, oranges, or lemons) onto a coffee or kitchen table. Fresh flowers are another way to bring the spring season into your home.
Hopefully, you will be able to incorporate some of these spring design tips into your home just in time to usher in the spring season. So in closing, “Have fun decorating…always incorporate whimsy”…It’s Haute!
Need help with designing your living space? Contact Tamela, and mention you read her column on Lewisville Texan Journal for a special deal.